Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer vacation? What's that??

Some classic summer favorites... Nick's first trip to the ocean 2010
It’s summer.  As I sit here writing, the same thought is going through my head that has gone through it every day of every summer for the last 15 years.  WHY DIDN’T I BECOME A TEACHER?!?!?!  I so long for the days when summer vacation really meant something....going to bed late, sleeping in, taking an afternoon nap, going on fun day trips, going to amusement parks, riding bikes, camping, hanging out with friends all day and night, bonfires, BBQs, state parks, swimming, etc. etc. etc.   Sure, on the weekends I can still perhaps partake in some of these activities, but it’s just not the same.   I am officially and undeniably JEALOUS of everyone who has the summer off!  
I suppose even if I did have the summers off, it wouldn’t be the same.  Because now I have responsibilities!   There’s a house to maintain, meals to cook, and children to care for.   These things are very time consuming, especially number 3!!  But wouldn’t it be great if just for 1 day each summer, you could travel back in time to your youth and re-live one of your favorite summer days?  How has no one invented a time machine yet?!   C’mon scientists!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Summer is the best for sure! : )

    Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete