Thursday, July 17, 2014

Don Henley makes me feel weird and other randomness


Totally Random Thursdays...  4 totally random things on the 4th day of the week....no rules, no themes... whatever you want!

1.  I already bought my kids Halloween costumes.  YES, I am one of those people!  I am extra early even for me this year (usually I wait until August LOL) but one day the spirit moved me so I ordered them.
Alec is going to be the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz and Nick is going to be a "Pirate Skeleton."
What is a pirate skeleton?  Well, according to Nick it's a skeleton with a pirate hat, sword, and eye patch.
I found a skeleton costume, now I will just have to add the pirate accessories when it gets closer to Halloween.  Both of the boys were pirates last year but their costumes got ruined.  When we set out for trick or treating a hurricane hit (OK, it wasn't an actual hurricane but it absolutely felt like one).  The costumes were soaked, muddy and ripped so I just threw them out.  Here's the costumes I bought below:

Skeleton Costume

Toddler Boys Scarecrow Costume - Wizard of Oz


2.  I love Days of our Lives.  OK, I am kinda embarrassed about this one but it's true.  I remember watching it with my Grandma when I was a little girl and I never stopped.  One of the best parts of being home sick from school was that I could watch my soaps!  If I'm being honest, I might also watch General Hospital. And maybe (just maybe) my son Nickolas is kind of named after Nikolas Cassadine.  But that's an unconfirmed rumor.  Could be false.  Or not.  But anyway....  Thank heaven for the DVR so I can keep up on my "stories."

Tyler Christopher aka Nikolas Cassadine


3.  Don Henley songs make me feel weird.  I don't know what it is but I cannot listen to Boys of Summer or End of the Innocence.  I get this yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I hear either of these songs. Yes, I know this is weird.  But it's true.


4.  I once sang with Aretha Franklin.  Yup, it's true.  Well, not JUST me, it was an entire choir.  But still, it was pretty cool!


2 comments:

  1. My mother always had to watch her 'stories'. I didn't catch the bug, but always wondered why everyone calls them 'their stories'. Thanks for the flashback:)

    Farin
    www.farinvazquez,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I don't know why people call them that either but I think it's funny!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete