Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lazy Sunday

I had high hopes for this weekend.  First we thought we would head up to Montreal for the jazz festival.  But then we decided we didnt feel like it.  Then we thought we would go to Old Forge for the weekend and hit the waterpark. But then we decided we didn't feel like it.  THEN we thought we would drive out to my parents for the day and use the pool.  But when we got up this morning, we didn't feel like it.  So here we sit, all of us on our electronics; Andy on the mac in the den, me on my tablet, Nick on his Kindle, and Alec on Nick's leappad (ok, he is mostly just putting the stylus in his mouth and between his toes but I am still counting it).
*Note: Right after that last sentence Alec tried to stick the stylus in an electrical outlet.  Sooooo....no more leappad for Alec! Currently he is in the pack and play and I am praying he takes a nap!

I feel bad.  It is a beautiful summer day and we are sitting in the house.  BUT...it's so hot and humid out and the central air feels so nice! And we were pretty busy yesterday.  Birthday party at Treepad, various errands that took hours to complete and grocery shopping.  We left the house at 10:30 and didn't get home until 5.  That's a long time to be out with a fussy toddler!  So I guess today is just going to be one of those lazy Sundays.  Well, as lazy as it gets with a 1 and 4 year old in your home!

I did have a lovely Friday (I took the day off).  I dropped the kids off at daycare and spent the morning drinking coffee, catching up on my favorite blogs, finding some new recipes and perusing etsy.  Andy got out of work early and we had a nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory and checked out Trader Joes and the new Whole Foods.  Got some delicious salsa and guacamole at Whole Foods!
I am off tomorrow too...supposed to head up to Lake George with a friend but thinking maybe we'll just do lunch instead.  It's going to be even hotter tomorrow and Lake George will probably be packed considering it's 4th of July week.

Well, there is a non-napping laughing 18 month old looking at me from the pack and play.  Guess the nap isn't happening.  Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment