Friday, June 27, 2014

18 Months?!

He loves to run and play!

Just chillin on the deck
Looking cute




18 months old!!

How in the world did my little baby turn 18 months old???  Goodbye baby, hello toddler!  Monday he starts his new room at daycare.   I am happy to see him learn and grow, but so sad he isn't a "baby" anymore.  And I'm also sad to see him leave the infant room because I sooo love his teacher.  She has done such an excellent job with him and we are so sad he won't be spending his days with her anymore.

It is so bittersweet to see your children grow.  With every milestone and accomplishment comes such joy and pride, but also the realization that your baby needs you just a little less.  Alec is going to be our last child so it's extra bittersweet knowing all these "firsts" are the last time we are going to experience them as parents.

Then in some ways, I can't wait for Alec to get older!  It seems like every time we are in the car he has a meltdown.  It's not so bad if we are just taking a quick trip around town, but when you're in the car for 2 plus hours with a screaming baby, it gets old quick!!  I can't wait for the day he sits there quietly watching a movie or playing a game like his brother does! 

Alec, I can't believe you are 18 months old!  You can be challenging, but you can also be such a sweetheart.  You give the BEST hugs and have the most adorable smile I have ever seen.  I don't know where you got your little blond curls and blue eyes, but you are so handsome!  And you are so strong!  You stomp around the house and roar like a dinosaur.  You love your brother and you love our dog Georgie.  You are into EVERYTHING!  You are so curious and inquisitive.  I love you Alley Cat!  Happy 18 months my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment