Friday, June 20, 2014

What's been happening recently

The past week has been busy and I am sooo ready for a relaxing weekend!
A quick recap:
Last Saturday: Tball closing ceremonies in the morning then headed an hour and a half southwest to see my parents for Father's day.
Last Sunday: Father's day. We didn't really do much on Father's day. My husband was busy trying to catch up on work for his college class so I did my best to keep the kids at bay so he could concentrate.  His Father's day present is a couples massage (his request) which we will be enjoying tomorrow.
Monday - Friday: Work, work and more work! I was so busy at work this week and ended up having to do some work at home in the evenings too. I am exhausted but at least I feel like I am almost caught up.
I did find a couple great new recipes this week....I made some awesome blueberry muffins. This is definitely going to be my go-to muffin recipe.  Also made some delicious chicken and veggies on the grill. I have been thinking about going through some of my old cookbooks too....I have a couple truly old ones...one put together by a church group, one by the grange my great grandmother belonged to.  Hoping there are some old classics in there I can try out.
I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and the girl posted about a day in her life.  I loved the idea so thought I would do something similiar here.  So here goes....Here is a typical day in my life (a typical weekday)
6:00-6:30am  Wake up
6:30-8:00  Shower, do hair (blow dry and flat iron), get dressed, wake boys up, give boys a breakfast "snack," change Alec, get boys dressed, pile boys and their gear (and mine), into the car
8:00-8:25  Drive kids to daycare/pre-school, get kids situated, say goodbye
8:25-8:55  Fight traffic to get to work
9:00-5:00ish  Work!
5:30-6:00pm  Arrive home after fighting traffic again
6:00-8:00  Dinner and cleanup, baths for the boys (usually every other night), pjs and brush teeth. Get the boys breakfasts and clothes ready for the morning, get my clothes ready.  Sometimes we squeeze in a family walk/bike ride or spend some time at the playground down the road.
8:00pm  Alec to bed (usually hubby takes this one)
8:30-9:00  Nick to bed after much complaining and procrastinating.  Read books,  back rub, hugs and kiss goodnight
9:00-9:30 to 10:30ish  Finally time to relax!  Watch TV, play on the internet, etc
10:30-11:00 Bed!

That's a typical weekday.   When I look at this list, I wonder how we ever fit in Tball twice a week too!  And on a side note, I am so jealous of all those moms with kids that go to bed at 7:30!  How do you do it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment