Monday, January 4, 2016

Just a little recap

Whoa... what a 2 week whirlwind!  The last time I blogged was before Christmas and now we are already into the new year!  OK, only 4 days but still...

So here is a quick recap of what's been happening around Life as I Know it since last we met...

Christmas:  Christmas was lovely.  The present opening commenced at around 7:15am (the first kid was up at 5:15 but we made him go back to bed).  We laid around in our PJs all day, played, built Legos, and relaxed.  The hubs made a gigantic, delicious breakfast for us...pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, toast, fruit and muffins!  It was so good and we ended up snacking on leftovers for the rest of the day.  Mid afternoon the hubs started feeling ill, and by 4pm he was flat out sick with a stomach bug.  Thankfully no one else in the house got it and it was only a 24 hour bug.



Birthdays:  We celebrated Alec's birthday on Sunday and then Tuesday was my birthday.  I had to work, but we got some friends together and all went out for a nice dinner.  The food was great as was the company, and it made turning 40 a tad bit easier!  :)

The most delish cake...chocolate with peanut butter frosting!


New Years Eve Eve:  Family trip to see the new Star Wars movie!!  I think I need to see it again.

New Years Eve:  Very low key evening.  We stayed home, made BBQ chicken pizza and watched the original Star Wars.  The boys made it to about 10:30, then the hubs and I barely made it to midnight. #lifeofaparent #weareold



New Years Day:  Off to see the in-laws to celebrate Christmas!  After quickly opening presents, we left the kids and headed north to Mt. Tremblant in Quebec for my birthday trip.  It was so snowy and pretty!!  We ate, shopped, relaxed and went snowmobiling,  A wonderful way to spend my 40th!  :)


View from our room





And.... now it's back to regular programming.  Although I didn't have a "Christmas break" per se, I did have a lot of days off during the past 2 weeks.  It was also nice with Nick on school break...  mornings were much more relaxed since we didn't have a bus to catch, and evenings were nice too since there wasn't a mandatory bedtime or homework.  In some respects I like being back on our normal schedule, but I also wouldn't mind another few weeks of holiday schedule!

So... what does January hold for me??  You'll have to check out the next blog post!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and your 2016 is off to an amazing start!





5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Beautiful!!! 40 looks good on you!! So happy you had a good ole holiday time, and Ahhhmazing birthday trip!!!! May 2016 be full of great moments for you and your family!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many things to celebrate! On top of Christmas and New Years, two birthdays?! Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous recap - aside from the hubby's bubble guts! And Quebec, wow! How far is that from your hometown? 40, woo hoo! I'm turning 35 this year and am beginning to think I'm having some strange problem with that. What?!?! xo friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great holiday! Happy belated birthday! It will be my 40th this year too. My husband and son saw the new Star Wars, but I didn't get a chance yet. Hopefully soon. Looking forward to reading more in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a WONDERFUL break. We have a late December birthday here too, but we aren't celebrating THAT until later this month (you can do that when they are only 2, lol) Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete