I didn't make any resolutions for 2016 because honestly, I never keep them. And why set myself up for failure?!
So instead, and to make it a little more manageable and realistic for myself, I am going to have monthly goals and "good stuff." Good stuff can be anything I deem "good" ... date nights, activities with the kids, etc that I want to do that month!
So here is the first installment...
January 2016 Goals and Good Stuff
1. Lose the 5 pounds I put on over the holidays. I need to lose a lot more than 5 pounds. But like I said. keeping it realistic and manageable!
2. Take down the 3 trees I put up and all the Christmas decorations. I have most of the decorations down, but I just haven't had the time or energy to take down the trees. I am really hoping to get this down this weekend!!
3. Decorate the house for Valentines Day
4. Start exercising. For this month, my goal is to take at least 2 long walks a week (I told ya, easy and manageable! And it's getting really cold out there!)
5. Eat healthier. More veggies and fruits. Limited sweets and reduced caffeine.
6. Buy lunch at work only 1x a week. This will save me some money, as well as help with my healthier eating goal.
1. Have 2 successful birthday parties! Alec's party is this weekend and Nick's is at the end of the month.
2. Go skiing (pending appropriate snowfall).
3. Take the kids tubing (again, pending appropriate snowfall)
4. Date night with the hubby
5. Have friends over for a game night
Check back at the end of the month to see how I did and see my Goals and Good Stuff for February!