Wednesday, November 23, 2016

North Pole breakfast & a Thanksgiving wish

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving Eve (is that a thing?)!
It's only 8:30am and we have already had a busy morning!   Our elf on the shelf, "John" arrived late last night and brought the kids' his special North Pole breakfast!  Powdered donuts, mini muffins, cupcakes...  sugar coma, here we come!  John the Elf also brought some fun gifts with him.  Each boy got a pair of Christmas PJs, Nick got a Lego Star Wars Advent calendar and Alec got a Minions advent calendar.  What a nice elf we have!  :)



The fun will (hopefully) continue for the rest of the day.  The kids have requested a visit to McDonalds playland for lunch (yes, we are really keeping it healthy today!) and we have plans to go to the movies tonight to see Trolls.  Somewhere in between all that I need to pick up the pies for tomorrow (I am in charge of pies and I get them from this delicious country store every year), hit Target and clean the house.

Are you all ready for Thanksgiving?  Considering all I need to do is bring pies (this year I'm bringing apple, chocolate cream and strawberry cream), I think I'm ready!  LOL  My mom hosts Thanksgiving every year so we will be making the trek to her house tomorrow.  I can't wait for some deep fried turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole and my aunt's homemade rolls!  YUMMM

Friday I have to work (from home) so no black Friday shopping for me. Friday night will be Christmas movies and cocoa.  Saturday is our town's Christmas parade and I'm thinking Sunday we'll put up the "big" tree (the kids' tree is already set up in our dining room).   There's no soccer this weekend so hopefully we will get some time to just relax!

I won't be posting on the blog until Monday, so be sure to check back then!   In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!  Fill your bellies with delicious food and your hearts with love and thankfulness!

xo,
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment