Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend update- I'm exhausted!

Well, Thanksgiving 2015 has come and gone.
How did that happen?
Now the countdown to Christmas is on!
But first...I will share a little of our long weekend with you!

Wednesday I had the day off and the house to myself!  In the morning I ran to the dreaded Walmart to get a few last minute goodies for our North Pole breakfast on Friday.  Then when I got home I was all about decorating the house!  I told myself the decorations were going to be simple and low key this year.  3 artificial trees later, I decided that just wasn’t happening!  But... there will be a separate decorating post coming later to cover all that!

Wednesday night I let the boys decorate "their" tree and then we had gingerbread cookies and milk to celebrate our efforts



Thursday was Thanksgiving of course.  We had a lovely meal at my parent’s house, and Nick got to drive his 4 wheeler around after dinner.  Some families do football, we do 4 wheeling!



Friday morning was our North Pole breakfast!  The kids were super excited to see what John the elf had brought with him from the North Pole!  Stop back here tomorrow for a full post dedicated to our breakfast!  The kids also did some coloring and Christmas crafts, and had a nutritious lunch (I jest) at McDonalds and went crazy in the playplace there.

Friday was also very warm...63 degrees to be exact, which is quite unusual for this time of year where we live.  We took full advantage of the nice weather and clocked some time at the playground (and yes, I was realllly trying to tire them out, especially since my hubby was gone hunting for the weekend).



Saturday was another fun day... my friend came over and we all went to the movies to see The Good Dinosaur.  If you haven’t taken your kiddos to see it, GO!  It was super cute and a nice story.

We had big plans to go to Chili’s after the movie, but my little guy drank so much juice that he peed through his diaper and his pants were soaked (just keeping it real here folks!).  So back home we went, changed clothes, and had a quick dinner.  Then it was back out for our town’s Christmas parade.  Have I mentioned that even though our town is tiny, they do all sorts of fun things?  The parade is not huge by any means, but the kids all enjoy seeing the firetrucks decorated, the characters (The Grinch, Christmas Mouse, etc) and they ESPECIALLY enjoy all the candy that gets thrown at them!  Then at the end of the parade is Santa (usually riding in on a fire truck but this year it was a convertible), who hosts the tree lighting at the town park.  There is cookies and cocoa after the parade and the kids can sit on Santa’s lap and tell him what they want for Christmas.  We skipped the cookies and cocoa with Santa this year and got cocoa and donuts from Dunkin instead!


Sunday the kids and I hit the road and headed to my aunt’s house for a party. We finally got home around 4:00, and then the rest of the night was spent preparing for the week ahead (baths, homework, laundry, lunches, etc).

Did I mention I’m exhausted?  LOL

This week there are also lots of fun things on tap...
Tomorrow I am headed to NYC to see the Christmas show!!!  Then we have a holiday party on Friday, a fun activity at the library on Saturday, and I’m going to a cookie swap on Sunday.

What’s on your agenda for the week?  Doing any fun Christmas activities??


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like an exhausting and wonderful holiday weekend. You get extra points for braving Walmart the day before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- right?! It was surprisingly quiet... although I was out of there by 9am!

      Delete
  2. What a fun holiday!!! I love night time parades, unfortunately our town does their's the week before Thanksgiving and its during the day. I have taking the kids to see The Good Dinosaur on my December list! xo sweet friend! Enjoy your night in the BIG CITY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Y'all will love The Good Dinosaur! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!! I have a feeling it will be on my Friday Favorites! :)

      Delete
  3. Woo boy, it DOES sound like you had an exhausting weekend! Take some time to rest, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm exhausted from just reading what you did. Ha! I did a lot of shopping, we had a nice Thanksgiving, and we also put up our Christmas trees. Other than that, we had a lot of down time too. Although, with three boys, it isn't ever really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an impressive weekend! Sounds like a whole lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete