Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekend update- Halloween!

Did y’all have a fun Halloween??  We did!! The kids were so much fun this year!  They both really got into it which is so exciting for me as a mom.  About half way through our development Alec did get tired... “My go home now... my need my couch...”  LOL  Thankfully the promise of even MORE candy kept him going!  We got home and got the kids in their PJs, sorted the candy, and had some delicious chili that had been simmering in the crock pot all day. 



Besides having fun, both kids got quite the candy haul.  Since we were out trick or treating ourselves at the “prime time,” we didn’t really get a lot of kids at our door.  So... we also have a ton of left over candy! 

Oh- and Friday was Nick’s party at school.  I still wasn’t feeling 100%, so daddy took my place at the party.  He helped carve a pumpkin and played musical chairs.  Apparently he was a huge hit!  The kids played lots of games, painted their own pumpkins and even had a breakfast of pancakes, waffles, bacon and fruit made for them.  I did make it out to the afternoon costume parade.  The little kids marched through the high school and out onto the track (the high school kids lined the halls and clapped and cheered for them... so cute!!!).





The kids spent the remainder of the weekend watching Halloween shows and playing with Legos.  I took down the super Halloweeney decorations and added in a couple more Thanksgiving-esqe ones.  I also made a trip to Kohls to finish outfit shopping for our family pictures tonight.  I think we’re pretty well coordinated!  This will be our first full family picture... we have gotten pictures of the kids taken tons of time, but this is the first time we will actually be IN the pictures!

Have a great week friends!  Stop by later this week for my November bucket list!


2 comments:

  1. so fun, I love all of the pictures! I am munching on leftover halloween candy right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Loved seeing all the kids in their costumes at school. Hope you get some great pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete