I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to do this post!! And finally, it is time!!! I have so many fun things I want to do this holiday season!
Our Holiday Bucket List
1. Go to NYC to see the Radio City Christmas show (This is booked! This is happening next week! Well, I hope. Last time I tried to go there was a giant ice storm and I couldn't get to the city).
2. Attend our town's Christmas parade. THIS WEEK!! Woo hooo!
3. Attend a Christmas cookie swap. Also planned! Thank you Amy! I am still deciding on my cookie!
4. Host our 2nd annual Elf on the Shelf Breakfast. I like to do this the day after Thanksgiving (no, I won't be out shopping cuz this girl has her Christmas shopping DONE! BAM!) I would also like to FIND our elf, who apparently is hiding somewhere in our basement presently. UPDATE: Elf has been found. Crisis averted.
5. Attend a breakfast with Santa. Local firehouse maybe?
6. Go on Santa's Magical Express (trying this out this year instead of the Polar Express). The Polar Express is super cute (albeit rather pricey) but I feel like it's run its course. Last year Nick was questioning me on why the elves at Santa's workshop loked like paper cut outs (well, because they were). So in an effort to keep Nick's belief in Santa alive a little longer, we are foregoing the Polar Express this year.
7. Drive around looking at Christmas lights while drinking hot cocoa and listening to Christmas music. Question: white lights or colored lights? I prefer white for my house but love looking at all the colored lights people have decorated with.
8. Spend a day with the kids watching Christmas movies and baking Christmas cookies
9. Spend a night with the hubby next to the fireplace, drinking wine and listening to Christmas music
10. Have the kids make Christmas crafts to give as gifts (anyone have some good craft ideas??)
11. Give back. My team at work has adopted a family for the holidays. I also like to donate to local animal shelters. This year I plan on donating to the one where I got my Daisy dog.
What's on your holiday bucket list???