Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What We're Reading Wednesday

I saw this link up this morning and was so excited I had to hurry and put a post together so I could join in the fun!  I can't wait to see what you all are reading and hopefully get some suggestions to add to my own reading list!

First, let me tell you about the last 2 books I read.



I most recently finished What Alice Forgot.  I received this book through a book swap and finally got around to reading it.  I LOVED IT!  I can't believe I waited so long to read it.  This book kept me thinking for quite a while...what would my life be life if I woke up as my 29 year old self?  What would I do differently?  I think many of us would like the chance for a do-over in our lives.  Alice gets that chance.



Prior to reading Alice, I FINALLY read A Man Called Ove.  I adore Fredrik Backman's books and had already read My Grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry and Brit-Marie Was Here.   I think Ove is my favorite book yet!  It's charming, funny, sweet, sad, and uplifting all in one!

Now let's talk about what's on my TO-READ list!



Fredrik Backman recently released a novella, And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer.  As Backman states in his letter to the reader at the beginning of the book, "This is a story about memories and about letting go.  It's a love letter and a slow farewell between a man and his grandson, and between a dad and his boy. 

Honestly, I originally stayed away from this book because I felt it was just too depressing for me to read.  But the more reviews I see, I know I just can't pass it up (even if I am crying for the next week)!




Next on my list are 2 Liane Moriarty books- The Husband's Secret  and Truly Madly Guilty.   Since I enjoyed Alice so much, I thought I would give some of the author's other books a try!

So what will YOU be reading this year??


5 comments:

  1. I read The Husaband's Secret and liked it. I actually have read all her books except for the newest which is sitting on my Kindle awaiting me. I did not like the Hypnotist's Love STory. I want to read Ove! I LOVED My Grandmother... it was a great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST read Ove! I'll send it to you if you like!

      Delete
  2. I loved What alice forgot! Her books are always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Truly Madly Guilty. I really struggled with it and ended up quitting!
    I want to read A Man Called Ove!

    ReplyDelete