Thursday, January 5, 2017

Friday Favorites

Friday!  It's here, it's really here!  Was this the longest week ever or what??

Before I dive into my favorites, I have a little confession.  My Christmas tree is still up!  Am I the only one?  Please tell me I'm not.  I also still have my outside Christmas lights on.  My plan is to take care of all that this weekend.  Wish me luck!

OK, now onto the favorites.  

I saw this on Facebook and I'm absolutely sure someone made this especially for me. Oh my gosh, this is me to a tee!  I am getting this sign!!



Another gem from Facebook this week.... Yummm...whiskey sours!


This guy turning 4 was also a favorite.  Love this little man with all my heart!




I may have also celebrated a birthday, although I can't say that in itself was a favorite.   Nor was the fact that my fondue plans got cancelled due to a stomach bug and a winter storm.  BUT, what WAS my favorite was this amazing chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting my husband got for me from Coccadots.  OMG it was heavenly! 




Are you a fan of New Year's Eve?  Honestly, I usually am not.  This year we decided to take the kids to Dave and Busters instead of just sitting home or finding a babysitter and going out solo.  And you know what, we all had so much fun!  It is probably my favorite New Year's Eve in recent memory.  I'm so glad we went!  


Ok, my last favorite may seem kind of weird.   I was leaving for work the other morning and saw all these turkeys on my neighbors lawn.  Isn't that cool?  I mean, there's just something so fun about a flock of turkeys  (or maybe that's just me)!


Well there you have it...my first Friday Favorites of 2017!  Now it's onto the weekend.  We've got a busy one coming up! Saturday A has soccer,  and N has a soccer game AND he is starting karate back up.  Then Sunday is A's birthday party.  And of course somewhere in there I need to take those pesky Christmas decorations down!

What do you have on tap this weekend?

Linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals
And




9 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday...I wish I had known the actual date! I'm sorry plans got pooped on. Maybe you guys can make it up with a getaway to your favorite place! A flock of turkeys....well ok. LOL! Happy weekend. I'll be drunk. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you and your sweet guy! {heart eyes} Weeks full of birthdays are just magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning, Kimberly! It's always great to hear from you! By the way, I just hopped over to Bath & Body Works' website and the semi-annual sale is still going, so you haven't missed out! ;) Your little guy's birthday pics were so cute! Looks like he had a great one! Happy {belated} Birthday to you too!! I'm so sorry that a storm and stomach bug put a damper on yours...but that cake sounded amazing!! Oh, and you're not the only one with a tree still up! lol. We're hosting one last Christmas get together tomorrow so Christmasing is still in full swing here at the moment...then I'll join you in undecorating too! ;) Have a great weekend ahead!
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to both of you! Our tree is already gone only because I wasn't the one whoo took it down. LOL Weekend's gonna be for relaxing at home with the kids (is relaxing even possible with kids around?!) because my husband has work. Booo. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you can claim you were waiting to celebrate the arrival of the 3 wise men by keeping your tree up, right? Love the turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Love me some wild turkeys too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Your cake looks so delicious. That's awesome you took the kids out for New Years Eve. We stayed home but had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you and your son. So sorry you were sick. This winter has been the worst for sickness in our family. Hope you enjoy your weekend, and don't stress if you don't get to the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those turkeys are super cute! And so are the boys. Happy birthday y'all!

    ReplyDelete