Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Favorites- It's Fall!


Happy October friends!  I love October!  Cool temps, pretty leaves, mums, pumpkins, cider, cider donuts and HALLOWEEN!  Right now it is 47 degrees and I am LOVING it!  I am curled up on my coach with a blanket and my blardigan!!  It is so comfy and soft and I'm so glad I bit the bullet and bought it!

So in honor of fall, here are my Friday Favorites - FALL STYLE!

#1  Apple Orchard Field Trip

Nick had his first kindergarten field trip and I had my first experience as a parent chaperone!  The kids had so much fun learning about the apple orchard, picking their own apples and playing on the playground.  Then the next day they made applesauce in class.  How cool is that?!









#2  Fall scents
It's time for pumpkin and apple scented candles!!!  I usually am a Yankee Candle snob, but I have to say, I am LOVING this new warmer from Scentsy.  And the pumpkin scented wax I am melting right now is divine!


#3  Fall kitchen towels
My friend over at Moon Pie Design has done it again!  She makes such cute and fun personalized items.  I saw these kitchen towels on her Facebook page and I HAD to have some for myself! LOVE! They totally add some festive fun to my kitchen!



#4  Ellms Farm
This is pretty much THE place to go in our area for fall fun with your kids.  We went last weekend and had an awesome time!  They have 2 huge jumping pillows, a kiddie zip line, corn maze, train rides, pedal carts, giant slides, corn cannon, pumpkins and tons more!


#5  I LOVE COFFEE
OK, so technically coffee isn't a "fall" things, but I do enjoy my coffee more in the colder months (and duh, PSLs)!!  So in honor of my deep love of fall coffee drinks, I made a new K cup organizer!  And you can bet there are some pumpkin spice K cups in there!!


Last weekend was near perfect.  The weather was amazing (for those fellow fall lovers like me). Saturday we had fun at Ellms Farm in the afternoon followed by dinner at Red Lobster.  The waitress even commented on how well my kids were behaved (have pigs started flying??)!!!  Sunday my parents came to watch Nick's soccer game, we enjoyed some amazing tortellini and sausage soup I cooked in the crock pot for lunch on our deck, and then spent the rest of the day relaxing.  This weekend all we have on tap (so far) is soccer on Saturday.  The weather is looking good (60s and no rain), so I'm hoping to find some fall-themed activities to do!

What are you doing this weekend?  Anything that is festively fall??

Linking up with these lovely ladies:




5 comments:

  1. Totally fun post! What a great field trip! Adorable tea towels too! XO friend - stay warm and dry this weekend if you're getting any of this lovely weather we are....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking forward to going to one of the local apple picking farms here and of course a trip to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to go on field trips with your kiddos class! I always volunteer for that too :) Our temps here in Western New York are getting chilly too, but unlike you, I am not happy about it. I hate the cold and would move down south if I could! But enjoy! lol

    www.HometownQueenBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Looks like you've already done a lot of fun Fall activities! We have to get moving on ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is fun activity wise!!!! I'm also a Yankee candle snob myself. They just smell so good ;-)

    ReplyDelete