Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Life Lately

Is it really the 2nd week of July already?  Where does the time go?  I feel like summer hasn't even started yet and here it is half over! 

Here's a recap of our life lately...

4th of July weekend
We started the festivities out on Friday night at my aunt's party.  The kids had a ball running around, riding bikes and eating S'mores. 




We had plans to head to the state park on Saturday for some beach time and a picnic.  However, the weather did not cooperate.  Rain, rain, rain.  Most of the day was spent inside playing with Legos and watching movies. We decided around 5pm to head out for some pizza and ice cream (the rain also put a damper on our grilling plans).  Then guess what... it cleared up!  After dinner we headed down to the riverfront to watch the fireworks.  We were lucky this year that our little town was doing their own fireworks show so we didn't have far to travel!  This was Alec's first real experience with close-up fireworks.  You can tell from the picture he was not too impressed!

My attempt at a patriotic snack



Sunday ended up being a beautiful day so we made it to the state park after all!  The kids LOVED the lake and playing in the sand.  Before we left, we stopped at the playground to try and tire the boys out just a little more.








Sunday night I stayed up late because, drumroll, I am on vacation this week!!  Our daycare is closed this week so it's been just me and the kids.  I had all these plans to take them on little day trips but you know what they say about the best laid plans...  Instead, our week so far has been pretty low key.  Monday we went out to lunch and saw Inside Out.  Tuesday we made cookies, colored pictures, played dress up, and watched movies.



Can you guess who decorated these??


Today the plan was to go to Animal Land, but it's raining.  So I'm not quite sure what we will do.  I DO know that a Target/Starbucks trip will be in our near future.  Alec has been up since 4:30AM and this mama is TIRED!!  I also need to get packed for my little getaway with the hubby.

So friends, that's pretty much what we've been up to.  Since I'll be out of town on Friday, I won't be doing a Friday Favorites post this week.  But definitely stop back on Monday for a post about our 4 wheeling trip!

Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Your kids are super adorable. I like your patriotic snack, it was very colorful. :) It looks like your summer is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool things! I love your patriotic snack. Cute!

    Yes, my youngest doesn't like fireworks either :(

    Eventually, I'm sure she will.

    Thanks for sharing, it looks like you've had a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fourth of July!!! We also did some fireworks at the beach. The kiddos loved it. I did a similar patriotic snack! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

    Young Love Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it sounds like you had such a nice Fourth of July weekend. I wonder how my son will be with fireworks. He goes to bed early, so he didn't get to see them this year- maybe next year though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also liked the patriotic snack! Looks like a great holiday (despite the rain!). My kids both loved the fireworks this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great vacation week for you! It sounds so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I read this post and I thought I commented....sorry dumb moment here! What a fun 4th you had! The boys are just so cute I could eat them up. Nothing beats a good lake day! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete