Monday, December 1, 2014

What's on...my December calendar!

I LOVE December!!  Not only do we celebrate Christmas, but it's also my birthday month and Alec's birthday month!  Such a fun filled time!!  Today I am linking up with Andrea to share what's on our December calendar!



**Put up our tree and decorate our house!  OK- technically this is done as we put up the tree last night.  But I do have a few finishing touches to put up around the house.  I love making the house look festive for everyone!


**Attend my work holiday party!  This year our party is on December 4th (hooray- this week!!).  We get to leave work at 3 and head to downtown Albany for a few hours of music, food & merriment!  I can't wait!

**Mail out Christmas cards!  I absolutely LOVE sending and receiving Christmas cards and I find it so sad that so many people have stopped this tradition (or switched to e-cards or a general "Merry Christmas" announcement on Facebook)!  I love running out to the mailbox and finding a card in there from an old friend or family member I haven't seen in a while.  This year, I had Andrea (the host of this linkup!) design my card and it is GORGEOUS!!  I cannot wait to send it out!  Thanks again Andrea :)

**Breakfast with Santa Claus!  Normally we visit with Santa after our town's Christmas parade.   Unfortunately, the parade was this past Saturday night and we had a wedding to go to so we missed it.  So.... I am thinking breakfast with Santa!!  Several of the local fire departments host a breakfast with Santa so I just need to find one that will fit in our schedule.

**Attend the daycare family party!  The boys' daycare does a potluck family holiday party on Sunday the 14th.  I love that the boys will have their own little holiday party to attend!

**Make and decorate Christmas cookies!  I love, love, LOVE decorating Christmas cookies!  I used to make all sorts of Christmas cookies, but now with 2 kids and working full time, I just don't have the time or energy!  But I do still make & decorate sugar cookies (which really are the best Christmas cookies anyway)!  I think this year we will do stars and trees.  Nick has already been asking when we can make them.

**Decorate a gingerbread house!  Another Nick-favorite!  I just bought the kit at Michaels yesterday!

**Troy Victorian Stroll!  I love seeing everyone dressed up in their Victorian wear- caroling and wassailing through the streets!  All the downtown shops are open for the day and are festively decorated.  There's free music and food too! We usually grab a cup of hot cocoa and a cookie and listen to some sweet Christmas music!

**Melodies of Christmas!  This should be an awesome night of Christmas music at Proctors featuring the Empire State Youth Orchestra.  Can't wait to enjoy this with my friend Amy (and a delicious dinner beforehand)!

**Holiday Lights in the Park!  Washington Park gets filled with over 125 Christmas light displays and scenes that you can drive through and enjoy from the comfort of your car.  There is even a radio station playing Christmas music just for the event.  After you've seen the lights, you can visit with Santa, his reindeer and maybe even Frosty!  There is also a small craft fair and snacks.  

Stop by the blog tomorrow for my weekend update, including Thanksgiving and our first ever North Pole Breakfast!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment