Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Goodbye summer

Over Labor day weekend, we made what would be our last trip to Hoffman's Playland.  Ever.  After 62 years, Hoffman's is closing their gates for good.   Hoffman's is a small family-run and family-friendly amusement park.  There are 19 rides, all sorts of carnival food (fried dough, Sno-Cones, hot sausages, fries, ice cream etc), and an old time arcade.  It's the perfect place to spend a summer afternoon with your kids.

I find it so sad that this place, which has basically been synonymous with summer fun in this area for so many years, will be no more.  I didn't grow up here so I don't have any of my own childhood memories of Hoffman's,  but my children have definitely had a wonderful time there and I have heard the memories and stories of so many others.   It is truly a loss for our community.

I wanted to share a few pictures with you of our last time at Hoffman's...




Nick held his brother's hand the whole time, just like we asked.  Unfortunately their free hands were in dirty water the whole time!


Nick screamed the entire ride and daddy almost barfed
    Enjoying a sno-cone


Earlier in the day we spent some time at the Pine Bush preserve and discovery center.  To learn more about the Albany Pine Bush click HERE.  We had a fun time exploring and playing.








Although we were sad to say goodbye to Hoffman's, we had such a lovely day together as a family.  We even topped it off with dinner at Red Robin and ice cream at our favorite soft serve spot.  It was one of my favorite summer weekends!

What was your favorite summer weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! I feel so sad to say goodbye to summer but I guess it does have to come to an end. I think this is my first visit to your blog so its nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Disney in August, so that tops anything else we did this past summer LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes Disney trumps everything! We are hoping to take the kids next year.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a cool place! I'm sorry to here it's closing--I hope you find something just as awesome for your kiddos next summer! I was dropping by to say thanks for visiting the Mommy Needs a Timeout and linking this post with us last week. We're doing it again on Wed. at 8pm Eastern--we'd love it if you drop by again! Find us at BeerandGluesticks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like this was a really lovely place to go to. Always sad when old stalwarts eventually close down. Thanks for linking to #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete